Re: Hacking RDF with Perl hackathon cancelled

From: Gregory Williams <greg@evilfunhouse.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 17:32:46 -0400
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, dev@lists.perlrdf.org
On Apr 18, 2010, at 5:19 PM, Toby Inkster wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Apr 2010 21:48:39 +0200 Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:
>
>> What are the main opensource pure Perl tools available?
>
> RDF::Trine and RDF::Query tend to be the framework we're gravitating
> towards. For XML parsing, RDF::Trine has an XML::LibXML dependency, but
> other than that it's fairly pure Perl.

And, in fact, RDF::Trine should work just fine without XML::LibXML, you'd just have to force the installation. Removing that dependency (splitting off the rarely used functionality that depends on it) was something I had hoped to get done at the hackathon. It would be nice if core functionality could be had with only pure-perl modules.

>> How compliant are they? How much of SPARQL (in memory, in SQL, in other things;
>> SPARQL protocol; SPARQL 1.1?) is covered?

I'm fairly confident it's 100% SPARQL 1.0 compliant (it passes all the DAWG tests, anyway). There's initial support for 1.1 things like negation, select expressions, and aggregates. No support yet for sub-selects or SPARQL Update.

.greg