Re: connections

Seems to me that Danny's email is pretty straightforward: what is the
utility of all of these billions of triples of (primarily) linked data
that are being published on an almost daily basis? What can/are people
doing with them that are impacting lives or jobs or what have you? We've
made huge strides in publishing data, but it seems (to Danny, though I
can't say that I disagree) that useful ways to consume the published
data are still lacking. Which would lead me to question:

1) is that proposition true? if not, what are the useful ways to consume
linked data?

2) if the proposition is true, why? does it have to do with the quality
of the data? the content of the data? the access mechanisms available?
lack of problems to be solved? a dearth of UX or application design
perspectives that overlap with linked data awareness? is there a lack of
business models to drive people to build useful applications? ...

Lee