its name

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 03:51:52 +0200
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
I am the middle of uploading a media file for a friend, and I realise
she probably won't have a clue when I say its URI or even URL is...
(IRI might actually work better).

But it is its name dear...

Can we somehow spread the idea of digital resources having names that
start with http://    ?

What is it's name? Oh, http://...

A bit clumsy, but you often hear www on television. You just don't get
the idea it's a name for a resource.

Much that I loath that bloke that coined "memes", there is something there.

(less sarcastic, more observational now)

Cheers,
Danny.

--
http://danny.ayers.name