Re: modelling issue?

Pat, and all, (incl offlist)
thanks for additional comments

For those who like the short answer, I am lead to think that what I consider
'worries' and possible conflicts or contradictions, probably fall under the
category 'known RDF limitations', widely discussed here and elsewhere. It is
also possible that RDF may not be appropriate either for what I was thinking
of (need to consider if OWL would make things better in my case, must look
into it)
I also think there may be some communication issues in describing it, since
I have had a variety of
comments each saying something a bit different,
and possibly 'all true' (or most true, or not, gotta check)

This could lead to a question 'do we have to live with this, and find
workarounds to limitations ' (can do :-)
or
is there something that can be done to address the limitations in future
generations RDF?

Since , Pat, your explanation is neat, and compact
I 'd like to slice it up a bit more, and get you to explain a few more
things, (I see some creases, perhaps you can iron them out for me)

But can't now, should be somewhere else, terribly late and away for a couple
of days, will be back :-)

cheerps

Paola Di Maio
Networked Research Lab, UK