Re: Project idea: cviki (or some better name than that)

ying ding wrote:
> Hi Toby,
>
> It is a great idea. But how can you handle the security issue as your
> data are sensitive. Currently, I am not aware of the security
> implementation for RDF and SPARQL. Glad to hear other's opinion on the
> security problem of SW.

Ying,

We do have FOAF+SSL, and it does offer critical foundation for policy
based data access that can be applied to SPARQL endpoints, specific
Named Graphs, or specific Resource HTTP URIs. Basically, it is capable
of enabling you to state that a resource, published to the Web via your
Personal Data Space,  can only be *read* by your relatives | friends |
employers  etc.. (via foaf:Groups for instance) .

Links:

1. http://esw.w3.org/topic/foaf+ssl
2.
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtAuthPolicyFOAFSSL