Re: [Semantic_Web] Re: Is SW = Knowledge-based Web?

[cc'ing you to another list]

> On Oct 29, 5:46 pm, Mohsen <sadig...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi.
>> I think "Semantic Web" is  "Knowledge-based Web".
>> Is anybody disagree with this?

I don't disagree.

2009/10/30 Paolo Bouquet <bouquet@dit.unitn.it>:

> What about web-based knowledge representation instead?

Again, I don't disagree.

But it's also Linked Data (as you mention Paolo) - a phrase without so
much baggage.

The ability to name things is crucial to any kind of discourse, the
key to distribution of information is the ability to link things
together. The Semantic Web craftily hops both hurdles (thanks to a lot
of work around here).

But as an end user of Web tools, I reckon this semweb stuff still has
got a way to go to get out of the data silos, data ghettos, data
trenches even. Way forward almost certainly being exploiting the
existing Web infrastructure.

Cheers,
Danny.

--