Re: Requesting the RDF MIME type of an image

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 23:06 +0100, Raphaël Troncy wrote:
> We had a conversation with Tim Berners Lee during this workshop that
> pretty much agrees with what Toby just wrote below ... while I was
> arguing than nobody has formally defined what is the 'sameness' of two
> representations of a resource. The accessibility community has defined
> the notion of "equivalent" when the two representations both fulfill
> the same function or purpose upon presentation to the user, and in an
> accessibility context, it is fine to say that a text is another
> representation of an audio resource ...

My personal answer is that two responses are "the same enough" if you,
as a publisher, would be happy to publish them under the same URI
without any explicit way of referring to them individually. If you, as
the publisher, would be satisfied never being sure which representation
a consumer will get, then they're OK to share a URI.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>