Re: Mirror for PIPS food ontology?

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 9:14 AM, Alexander Garcia Castro
<alexgarciac@gmail.com> wrote:
> wayback similar to the time machine available in Mac would be great. as for
> imports, imports are just one type of mappings;

An import isn't a mapping and more than a type declaration is a mapping.

> the situation will be more
> complex as soon as people start to map across ontology repositories;
> Bioportal does not support mappings across ontologies sitting on diferent
> bioportal servers.

I don't understand this. Ontologies are given URIs for terms. The
identity of an ontology term should be independent of where it's kept,
whether bioportal or its usual location on the web.