Re: Drupal user profiles in RDFa

On 11 Oct 2009, at 16:09, Stephane Corlosquet wrote:

> We have 2 options to add RDFa to this link which both return the
> same RDF data:

> user profile." class="username"><span resource="/user/1"
> typeof="sioc:User" property="foaf:name">Henry</span></a>
>
> or

> typeof="sioc:User" property="foaf:name" title="View user profile."

foaf:maker is probably not what you want. foaf:maker's range is
foaf:Agent, whereas a sioc:User is not a foaf:Agent, it's an account
that a foaf:Agent holds.

> Question for the RDFa ninjas reading this: is there a way to embed
> all this information without adding a span tag either inside or
> outside the a existing a tag.

    about="/user/1" typeof="sioc:User"
    rev="sioc:has_creator" resource=""
    property="foaf:name">Henry</a>

>   2.1 Use a markup similar to the one above, but the cons is that
> the user profile URI will not be dereferencable (and hereby
> breaking one of the Linked Data principles). It will return a 403
> Access denied.

> resource="/user/1" typeof="sioc:User" property="foaf:name">Henry</
> span></span>

I think this is the right thing to do.

> 3. In the case of a non registered user leaving a comment, Drupal
> offers to leave her name, homepage and email address (though the
> email address is not displayed for privacy reasons). The default
> markup is:

> class="username">Stephane Corlosquet (not verified)</a>
>
> We don't have a user profile URI here, but a homepage which is
> usually linked to a foaf:Person. Here we have multiple options
> again to describe the author of a comment. I'm not sure we should
> directly link a page to a foaf:Person, should we?. Do we have to
> generate a foaf:OnlineAccount /sioc:User URI here based on the
> homepage by adding #user to it? use a bnode? opinions?

Assuming that you're still wanting to avoid that <span> element, the
following would be reasonably consistent with the markup for people
who have accounts:

    about="_:bnode_001" typeof="sioc:User"
    rev="sioc:has_creator" resource=""
    property="foaf:name" content="Stephane Corlosquet"
    >Stephane Corlosquet (not verified)</a>

This does *not* use the address <http://openspring.net/> in any
triples though. It's ignored. If we include that <span>, then we can
use the openspring.net address:

   <a typeof="sioc:User"
      rel="foaf:page" href="http://openspring.net/"
      property="foaf:name" content="Stephane Corlosquet"
      >Stephane Corlosquet (not verified)</a>

(Note that I've used foaf:page instead of foaf:homepage because the
latter is a very strong assertion, being an IFP. Stick with foaf:page
for user-submitted content, otherwise OWL inference on your data will
start to throw up some very strange conclusions.)

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>