RDF Profiles Ontology

From: Jiří Procházka <ojirio@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 23:34:34 +0200
To: semantic-web@w3.org
http://buzzword.org.uk/2009/rdf-profiles/spec
by Toby Inkster

Certainly an interesting and useful thing, though quite troublesome to
model. The draft is quite original, but I think making it a bit similar
to existing ontologies could be more practical, saving time later when
mapping the ontologies.
Checking a profile is basically evaluating a boolean value based on some
conditions made on selection of triples which match certain pattern. I
think SPARQL (aggregates like COUNT) and SPIN (constrains) are very
close to this. Also I wonder if there is nothing to take from OWL
regarding constrains...

Best,
Jiri Prochazka