Re: Linked (genealogy) data

On Oct 1, 2009, at 4:51 PM, John Goodwin wrote:

> I've been working on my family tree as linked data in my spare time.
> A few sample URIs for anyone interested:
>
> http://www.johngoodwin.me.uk/family/I0243
> http://www.johngoodwin.me.uk/family/I0265
> http://www.johngoodwin.me.uk/family/F003
>
> Birth/death events are linked to places in DBpedia, e.g.
>
> http://www.johngoodwin.me.uk/family/event1918
>
> I did the initial conversion with this http://svn.foaf-project.org/foaftown/2009/gedcom/
> .
>
> Anyone else tried family trees as linked data? Hoping for some long
> lost relatives also into RDF so I can connect some nodes (not likely
> I know :)).
>
> John

I've fiddled with RDF+Genealogy in the past, but never managed to
really get anything off the ground.  About the closest I ever got was
in assisting with Hilton Campbell with specing up the data model for
his (now defunct?) Distributed Family Tree project, which was going to
use OWL.[1]

As far as I know, no one has really taken RDF with genealogy and run
with it though, although I'm always eager to hear about (and possibly
help out with) anyone who has anything on it.

--Ian Jacobi

[1] http://www.dftproject.org/wiki/Data_model