Re: Owning URIs (Was: Yet Another LOD cloud browser)

Hi Daniel, Kingsley, all,

2009/5/30 Daniel Schwabe <dschwabe@inf.puc-rio.br>:
> Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> btw - shouldn't we all be able to put our heads together to fashion the
>> key elements of any UA interacting with Linked Data ?

Given the breadth of potential forms of interaction with Linked Data,
I'd say this is a pretty ambitious goal. But hey, no harm in trying ;)

> I'd love to! My take - a real WORKshop or "camp" were we can play with ideas
> and hopefully come up with sound, experience-based guidelines...
> Maybe we can do one around ISWC in Washington later this year, if not
> sooner...

Following on from this year's Visual Interfaces for the Social and
Semantic Web (VISSW2009) workshop at IUI2009 [1], Siggi Handschuh,
VinhTuan Thai and I will likely submit a proposal for a follow-on
event at IUI2010, along with Ian Dickinson from HP Labs in Bristol.
The event this year (as you know Daniel :) was focused on paper
presentations and plenty of discussion. However there may be scope
next year for more practical exercises/activities, if VISSW could
provide a useful forum for this kind of work.

Cheers,

Tom.

[1] http://smart-ui.org/events/vissw2009/