Re: Dereferencing a URI vs querying a SPARQL endpoint

Hi,

> Ok so even if this sounds like a good choice, its easy to see that in
> practice this is not sufficient, e.g. james bond would be a URI with
> no label if you fetch any of the other 2 nodes.

This is particularly important if we take into account usability.

> So probably a "SCBDwL" (with labels (and types) :-) ) is in fact more
> like what's needed..

This is the approach we have followed in Rhizomer [1], concretely we
offer CBDwL as the response for user queries (SPARQL Describes) or URI
dereferencing, and the user can choose interactively to get the
symmetric CBDwL in order to keep the volume of data shown to the user
simultaneously low.

There is a graphical representation of a CBDwL at:
http://rhizomik.net/rhizomer/howto/#Browse

By the way, are CBDwL or SCBDwL "accepted terms" in the sense that
they are, for instance, accepted values in voiD?

Best,

Roberto García
http://rhizomik.net/~roberto

[1] http://rhizomik.net/rhizomer/