Re: Dereferencing a URI vs querying a SPARQL endpoint

On 20/05/2009 17:14, Hugh Glaser wrote:
> Sorry, I'll try harder :-)
> I understand that what you are asking is something like this.
> For some sites (including rkbexplorer), when you resolve a URI, it constructs a SPARQL query and returns the result of the query.
> This might be all the triples with the subject, or object, or both, or something more complex that takes into account b-nodes.
> So it might be nice if somewhere, such as the sitemap.xml, this query was documented.
> I think this is exactly what the "slicing" is trying to do, but instead of publishing the actual query, it names the common (obvious) ones to use.
> So a "slicing" of "subject" would tell you that you could do the query you say below on the appropriate SPARQL endpoint and get exactly the same thing you would get by resolving the URI.
> So I still think that answers your question, but I'm sure you can tell me if it doesn't :-)

Ok, I see your point. However, I don't see *which* of the various
slicings described is the one returned (ie, the equivalent query) when I
resolve a URI... or do you mean it is always the "subject" slicing?
Where is this stated that this slicing is what you get when resolving
the URI?

Cheers