Re: ANN: GoodRelations - E-Commerce on the Web of Data - New Datasets and Applications

On 20 May 2009, at 15:48, Yves Raimond wrote:

> Hello!
>
>> Not very linked data friendly (you'll end up with a large
>> proportion of
>> repeated triples in identical graphs, with different graph URIS), but
>> certainly better than nothing.
>
> Just jumping on that - is that an issue? I would think not, as you may
> want to repeat information across different views. For example
> (slightly biased :-) ), you may want to repeat broadcast information
> in a schedule view, instead of asking the user agent to manually get a
> hundred of URIs.

It's not ideal if you're crawling that data - you'd end up with many
thousands of copies of an (almost?) identical document. But with no
obvious clue that they're the same.

I didn't look at what was going on in the HTTP, but using the right
40x forwards it could make it clear to the client what's happening.

- Steve

--
Steve Harris
Garlik Limited, 2 Sheen Road, Richmond, TW9 1AE, UK