Re: OWL and LOD

I agree adding more OWN by degrees is a good idea.

But what, John, would you mean by "mandate".

Do you mean "When  I have said something about a class in OWL I'm
happy for your to hold me to it",
or "When  I have said something about a class in OWL, anyone calling
themselves a Link Data client would be required to make the inferences
from it."?

When you go down the latter path people run screaming.
There is some movement toward defining a category of agent which does
certain things such as RDFS, IFP, FP, sameAs (like Tabulator) and
adding some more limited OWL as you describe, possibly having more
than one

- Does anyone have an SPARQL server software which stores a set of
triples and queries automatically the (virtual) OWL-x closure of
them?  (Ora's Wilbur engine did this with RDFS)

- If that functionality is done in a federated SPARQL system, do we
just expect inference within each server, or can one form some form
cross-linking allowing a OWL-aware query of two large separate datasets?

Tim