Re: .htaccess a major bottleneck to Semantic Web adoption / Was: Re: RDFa vs RDF/XML and content negotiation

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:18 AM, Pat Hayes<phayes@ihmc.us> wrote:
> With the sincerest respect, Tom, your attitude here is part of the problem.
> But in any case, this is ridiculous. RDF is just XML text, for goodness
> sake.  I need to insert lines of code into a server file,  and write PHP
> scripts, in order to publish some RDF or HTML?  That is insane. It would
> have been insane in the mid-1990s and its even more insane now. IMO, it is
> you (and Tim and the rest of the W3C) who are stuck in the past here.

Cheers for Pat \o/ ,

with all the due respect for all involved and the amount of great work
so far, lets just move ahead.

 If there is a single better simpler way to do things it should be
reccomended at once and the rest be dropped.

"celebrate diversity" and keeping more compelx specs alive while there
is no legacy "use" of it is just  a way to further lose credibilty and
ultimately relevance.

It is not a case that you find a lot of universities talking in here
but no google or yahoo or msn or whoeever else..

just sharing:

I was at last week at SemTech and had a change to have some very
interesting discussions. The big search engine guys i was talking to
were all perfectly aware of all but just decided to stay clear becouse
light years distant from what they know they can (and will) ask people
publish HTML to do in terms of metadata .

"and when we do propose something, any big web site will simply follow
it.. why should they not. ". :-)

a report, not a speculation.

Giovanni