RE: sameas.org

Good morning..

Hugh wrote:

> Even so, I did see things, although I can only recall one
> other at the moment which comes from a dbpedia-opencyc
> problem (it's a band thing).

Some might argue that the band in question are indeed a torture device
;) Interestingly I noticed that a Dbpedia-Fbase sameAs link resulted in
one of the bands former guitarists being the sameAs the band....but as
you rightly say that's not your fault/problem but an issue with the
source RDF.

> In any case, I chose not to reject the dbpedia-opencyc stuff,
> despite it not really being sameAs correctly typed.
> This is meant to be a pragmatic service?

Yes and I think as you say it is certainly (more than) "good enough".
Very useful...and it will be very useful in some work I am about to
start. I can pick and choose the "sameAs" relationships I agree
with/want to use.

> I suspect that I had a motive for not "fixing" Southampton,
> so that these issues might come out if people were
> interested; was pretty sure you would notice :-)

Oh dear am I that predictable :) How sad that it was the first URI I
looked up...

Anyway..keep up the great work!

John
.

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.

Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey
Romsey Road
Southampton SO16 4GU