Re: Dons flame resistant (3 hours) interface about Linked Data URIs

Steve Harris wrote:
> On 10 Jul 2009, at 14:31, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> Steve et. al,
>>
>> If we are going to take the "how the Web was born" theme re. figuring
>> out the path forward, then what's wrong with RDFa? If people sort of
>> know how to write HTML, why not show them how to add rich metadata
>> via RDFa? That said, we have a deeper problem re. Linked Data, and in
>> my opinion it starts not fulling expressing the essence of the matter
>> with clarity. The fundamental issues are
>
> RDFa doesn't generally solve the Syntax complexity problem.
It solves the "groking what your actually doing"problem for those  who
author  HTML  docs.
> Though, possibly RDFa documents that are not "nice" HTML (ie. not
> really readable by humans) could be quite hacker-friendly. I've been
> meaning to look into this.
RDFa is the best starting point for enhancing Metadata carried by an
HTML document. Once you understand that you are describing something,
and that you do so using Subject, Predicate, Object statements, the
essence of the matter is much much clearer.

Once  high level annotation tools for embedding RDFa in HTML are
unleashed, this whole matter will become much clearer to a very broad
spectrum of Web users :-)

Kingsley

--

Regards,