Re: Dons flame resistant (3 hours) interface about Linked Data URIs

On Jul 10, 2009, at 5:53 AM, Toby Inkster wrote:
> The URL of the file and the URL of the subject of discourse must
> differ
> so that we can make unambiguous statements about each, and make
> statements about the relationship between the two.

If one takes the preceding statement as fact and then watches the
video shared by Dan Brickley:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4MwTvtyrUQ

Then the only logical conclusion is that the SemWeb will never achieve
widespread use.  If average folks can't distinguish between their
browser and a search engine, how could we ever expect them to
distinguish between the URI of the file and the URI of the subject of
discourse?  The answer is that we can't.  So either the SemWeb will
have correct KR, logical, and ontological underpinnings, or lots of
people will publish data, but not both.