Today's equivalent of CBD+URIQA? (was: Re: Schism in the Semantic Web community.)

From: Manos Batsis <manos_lists@geekologue.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:36:57 +0200
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
CC: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>

Danny Ayers wrote:
> i.e. maximally exploiting HTTP

Ah, nailed. It's too bad I have fallen behind regarding the state of the
art, but the most horizontally useful idea I've ever stumbled upon re
semweb was CBD [1] plus URIQA [2]. Essentially CBD defined graph limits
(what we do with, e.g., lazy collection loading in the object-relational
world). URIQA was a fitting HTTP extension anyone could implement to
acquire/exchange/CRUD those graphs.

So, what is today's equivalent of those two?

[1] http://www.w3.org/Submission/CBD/
[2] http://sw.nokia.com/uriqa/URIQA.html

Cheers,

Manos