Re: Schism in the Semantic Web community.

From: Jeremy Carroll <jeremy@topquadrant.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:17:19 -0800
To: <semantic-web@w3.org>

This thread partly prompted TopQuadrant's comment on the OWL2 Last Call.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-owl-comments/2009Jan/0053

in which we suggest that the

The OWL2 rationale document (and the design) has not taken into account the cost of new features particularly to those who do not need them.

It is unclear to me whether our perspective is atypical or is held by several consortium members, and I am interested in feedback on this point.
(If our experience is an outlier amongst the community, then having said our piece, we should shut up!)

Jeremy