Re: My Web Site Description in OWL

Hi Phil,

does POWDER also allow to state different creators for different
resources (e.g. multiple images) in a web page? Think of a listing of a
search result retrieved from Flickr in which you might want to refer to
different creators....
I read the POWDER primer recently but could find any anwser to my question.

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Cheers,

Tobias

Phil Archer wrote:

> I'm grateful to David for making the connection here.
>
> Cristiano,
>
> POWDER may do just what you want. It allows you to apply, say, your
> dcterms:creator property to every resource on your Web site in one go,
> rather than resource by resource. It does this by applying properties
> and value to all URIs that match your web site's domain name (and/or
> any other restrictions you care to make). An XSLT will transform a few
> lines of XML into OWL for you.
>
> The WG homepage is a little out of date but the documents linked there
> are close to the final ones (let me know if you want the temporary
> URIs of the more up to date versions). A blog post of mine gives you
> (up to date) links to various bits of running code [1], including that
> XSLT.
>
> If you prefer to communicate in Italian, POWDER WG Andrea Perego in
> Varese is your man.
>
> Cheers
>
> Phil.
>
> [1]
> http://www.w3.org/blog/powder/2009/01/16/situation_report_16_january_2009
>
> Cristiano Longo wrote:
>> ehm ... no
>>
>> --- Lun 26/1/09, Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) <dbooth@hp.com>
>> ha scritto:
>> Da: Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) <dbooth@hp.com>
>> Oggetto: RE: My Web Site Description in OWL
>> A: "cristiano_longo@yahoo.it" <cristiano_longo@yahoo.it>,
>> "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>
>> Data: Lunedì 26 gennaio 2009, 14:57
>>
>> Are you using POWDER?
>> http://www.w3.org/2007/powder/
>>

>> David Booth, Ph.D.
>> HP Software
>> +1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
>> http://www.hp.com/go/software
>>
>> Statements made herein represent the views of the author and do not
>> necessarily
>> represent the official views of HP unless explicitly so stated.

Dipl.-Inf. Univ. Tobias Bürger

STI Innsbruck
University of Innsbruck, Austria
http://www.sti-innsbruck.at/