any23: stop writes libraries in Java, portable code is needed

From: Dmitry Ulanov <dulanov@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 02:35:44 +0300
To: any23-dev@googlegroups.com, "Semantic Web" <semantic-web@w3.org>
Yesterday, Richard announced a new any23 project [1]. It's a different
question why we need a new one. I have an idea (thanks for Yaroslav Markin).
Why not to implement such converters in Ragel [2] in general form and than
translate them into different programming languages instead of just Java? I
don't like Java and prefer Ruby, for an example. Many startup projects
prefer Python/Ruby/PHP too. Why corporate- and science-related Java, it's
not out first audience (yes, jython/jruby exist, not so important)? In the
Ranel site you can find different successful examples of described approach
(Mongrel, Hpricot and more).

[1] http://code.google.com/p/any23/
[2] http://www.complang.org/ragel/

--