Re: how to mark up a photo on the web

yes, more. :->

This may go waaay beyond what you are thinking, but MBARI and others
in marine science found the existing photo metadata capabilities were
thoroughly insufficient for science purposes.  We developed a more
extended set of metadata that we are storing in XMP for our photos;
you can find this specification described at
   http://marinemetadata.org/community/teams/imagemd-censeam/censeammetadatastandard

Your comments would be welcome, and your adoption of as many of these
fields as feasible would be even more pleasing.

John

On Feb 20, 2009, at 1:10 PM, Ben Adida wrote:

> Hi semweb and RDFa folks,
>
> Creative Commons is interested in providing guidance on how to mark up
> photos online in great detail, using RDFa. We've started, but I
> thought
> we'd check in with folks here to get some more eyes on the problem.
>
> Here's our first take:
>
> http://labs.creativecommons.org/~nathan/image-rdfa/madeline.html
>
> (Nathan, your dog is now famous. Next time, it will be my dog.)
>
> We're trying to mark up:
> - license and license attribution
> - title
> - description
> - creator
> - tags
> - geo
> - more?
>
> Are we using the vocabularies correctly? Are there other
> vocabularies we
> should consider for the advanced example?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Ben
>
> PS: I'll take this opportunity to note what I still find awesome about
> RDF and RDFa: even an RDFa syntax expert can and should ask for help
> on
> vocabularies, as those are two very different realms of expertise.

John

John Graybeal   <mailto:graybeal@mbari.org>  -- 831-775-1956
Marine Metadata Interoperability Project: http://marinemetadata.org