Re: how to mark up a photo on the web

Hi Ben,

It all looks very promising. :)

I only have small comments, but they are:

1. The third sample uses the same image URL as the first, which
confused me at first, because I thought you had duplicated a whole
load of triples before I realised. (The image gets two titles, two
attribution names, etc.)

2. Is dc:created not better than the more general dc:date?

Having said that, you could then get into a debate about whether
that's the date of creation of the JPEG or the actual photo, which
leads to...

3. It doesn't feel right to simply attach the longitude and latitude
to the URL of the image.

For a start, it's a JPEG, which has multiple simultaneous locations as
we each view it...or no location at all, depending on how you look at
it. But even if the URI represented the photograph rather than the
JPEG, it feels like there should be some bnode of some type or other,
onto which to dump the 'photo taken at' information, rather than
directly onto the URL.

(And perhaps that bnode would also hold the dc:created property, the
lens and shutter-speed information, and whatever else photographers
love to make note of. :))

I might be overcomplicating things, but this question of the photo and
the JPEG makes me wonder whether there is some 'derived from'
relationship that CC could create. That relationship would be
applicable to derivative works that are created from these JPEGs, as
well as this situations where the JPEG is 'derived from' the original
photo.

Just a thought...

(Oh, and happy birthday!)

Regards,