Re: Extending RDFS, property-classes

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Jiri Prochazka <ojirio@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> I have seen that specification before, however I was unable to
> understand almost anything from it, especially the functional syntax
> confuses me,

Noted. There will soon be inline translations in a variety of
syntaxes, including turtle.

> but from the 2nd link I understand something... and if I am
> right, it is the mechanism for expressing information about triples,
> however it doesn't solve the problem of being able to infer between the
> reified class and the property...

Could you give me an example of an inference that you would want to
obtain - Ideally in the form of a realistic use case? I find it easier
to evaluate the larger situation than to look so narrowly.

> If it does, it would be really helpful if you could provide the example
> of this mapping on the tag ontology (in turtle please)...

FYI, there is a converter between all the syntaxes (subject to usual
caveats about being an early implementation) at
http://owl.cs.manchester.ac.uk/converter/

But yes, I can respond in turtle.

> Anyway thanks to my vocabulary it should be possible to map the
> properties reified to classes to OWL annotations...right?

I favor an approach that does as little "mapping" as possible, instead
using the primary vocabulary terms. In my experience its not a given
that mapping is well understood and implementable by clients.

> As I said, I don't understand OWL2 much...

Understood. I will try to help.