Re: live meaning and dead languages

I agree with everything that you say below but your conclusion

The point is that some things (or aspects of those things), even if they
change, aren't necessarily going to change fast enough so that assuming
they're reasonably static generates significant errors (in whatever).

also leads to infer that  'some other things' (the ones not included in your
'some' above) may well change fast (and time being relative, fast could be
any length of time)

The way I see it (could be wrong) is that URIs are going to be fixed, but
they point to resources (definitions) that can change
If I understand this right, the uri to a web page will stay the same, even
when I update the page content, (is that so?)

The problem perhaps arises when we do not update/maintain the page (say that
contains a definition) then the uri points to something outdated and thus,
results in being misleading

If we need to use the 'open  web' to do any level of reasoning, then the
resources should be reasonably updated, otherwise the result of the
reasoning iver several resources that may be marginally out of date may end
up be  skewed (not screwed) , although I agree that depending on their
volatility the degree  and weight of the skew may change

(what blows my mind completely though, is that change always happens in
relation to something else that also changes, and somehow it looks like our
ability to make our representations adaptive and evolutionary is still a tad
away from our immediate ability due to our lack of understanding of the
causal dependencies between different factors)

feel free to correct me

Paola Di Maio

--
Paola Di Maio