Re: SPARQL performance for ORDER BY on large datasets

On 26 Aug 2009, at 23:11, Seaborne, Andy wrote:

> Talking of data validity - in the data, all the timezones,
> regardless of time of year, are -04:00, which is a strangeness.

According to Wikipedia there are 22 places (i.e. countries or parts
of countries) that use UTC-4 all year round (i.e. don't observe
daylight saving). These include Barbados, Aruba and Bolivia and parts
of Brazil and Canada.

Given that the data comes from the Library of Congress, one would
expect it to be formatted to a timezone used in part of the USA, so I
humbly offer Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands which also use
UTC-4 all year round.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>