Re: independent semantic software evaluation frameworks?

Paolo, FYI check out our business semantics mgt tool, i.e. Collibra
Studio at: http://www.collibra.com/trial

Collibra is a spin-off from VUB STARLab.

Here is the knowledge base with extra movies, tutorials, help to use
it: http://support.collibra.com/knowledgebase/

Check out the PriceWaterhouseCoopers Spring forecast as well, to find
out there overview of semantic tools: http://www.collibra.com/resource/pwc-technology-forecast

Hope this helps,
Pieter

On 09 Aug 2009, at 19:03, Paola Di Maio wrote:

> Greetings good people!
>
> I am attempting to systematically aggregate as many independent
> evaluations of semantic software tools as possible
>
> (Note: by independent it is intended not carried out by people who are
> paid to do so, or have other vested interests  - such as the
> devleopers or consultants themselves  or their friends and familieis -
> but by unaffiliated users who are more suitable to appreciate its
> benefits and shorcomings)
>
> We are particularly interested initially in the software developed
> with EU funding (FP6 and FP7 )
>
> The main frameworks of reference are standard software project
> evaluation methods, including
>

> EVALUATION AND RANKING OF ONTOLOGY CONSTRUCTION TOOLS (various
> references included there)
> Md. Ahsan-ul Murshed and Ramanjit Singh
> http://eprints.biblio.unitn.it/archive/00000747/01/013.pdf
>

> I have already contacted offlist some of the individuals who have
> offered knowledge and views, and I am now  seeking additional wider
> general  input on
>
> 1.  developing and customizing the  review criteria  and methodology
> (so that we can format the distributed evaluations using a common
> template)
>
> 2.  any volunteered inputs in terms of reviews of software and other
> deliverables (priority is to assess  cost/benefit ratio, measured in
> terms of
> functionality and usefulness)
>
> The final goal of this exercise is to contribute  to improve the
> effectiveness of EU funding process in semantic web, as well as to
> general
> software output at large, as well as to come up with  recommendations.
>

> Your contribution can be submitted authored or anonymous (subject to
> verification)
>

> Please contact me offlist should you wish to collaborate on this
> project,
>
> cheers
>
> Paola Di Maio
>

> --
> Paola Di Maio
> Strategic Advisor
> Networked Research Lab, UK

Dr. Pieter De Leenheer

Semantics Technology & Applications Research Laboratory
Vrije Universiteit Brussel

T +32 2 629 37 50 | M +32 497 336 553 | F +32 2 629 38 19

Check out my blog: http://www.pieterdeleenheer.be