Re: web to semantic web : an automated approach

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 22:13:05 +0200
To: ttague <ttague@gmail.com>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org
2008/10/26 ttague <ttague@gmail.com>:

> Ravinder:
>
> I'd also encourage you to take a look at semanticproxy.com - a project by
> the Calais team. Though it's just a starting point semanticproxy has a
> similar goal - translate any HTTP asset into RDF based semantic metadata.

Coincidentally I just put together a quick & dirty summarizer/keyword
extractor based on the Open Text Summarizer [1]. Doing a GET on
something of the form:

http://hyperdata.org/summarize/?uri=http://planetrdf.com/

- will return some RDF/XML.
To a great extent it's stuck with what OTS has to offer, but I'd very
much appreciate suggestions on how to make it more useful. Source is
at [2].

The motivation behind this was to augment some bookmark/tagging data
[3] (though I haven't yet hooked it up). I reckon making connections
across different (somehow related) information sources can offer a
huge amount over that of NLP alone, more than compensating for its
well-known limitations.

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://libots.sourceforge.net/