RE: "Real OWL" on the Web

Just cross posting to LOD list for a moment..

Mark this doesn't quite answer you're question, but I was thinking about
how to publish (large) ontologies on the web in a linked data stylee. I
blogged:

http://johngoodwin225.wordpress.com/2009/04/01/linked-ontology-web/

I short I was looking at publishing OWL ontologies with de-referencable
URIs, and using some of the ontology modularisation work to split the
OWL ontologies into manageable chunks...sort of creating the OWL
equivalent of a SPARQL describe.

Would be interested to know if anyone has published anything
similar...or indeed if I am talking complete nonsense :)

I think Clark & Parsia published something similar (so Kendall tells
me)...

John

Dr John Goodwin
Research Scientist, Research, Ordnance Survey
C530, Romsey Road, SOUTHAMPTON, United Kingdom, SO16 4GU
Phone: +44 (0) 23 8030 5756
 www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk| john.goodwin@ordnancesurvey.co.uk
email

.

This email is only intended for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential information. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this email which must not be copied, distributed or disclosed to any other person.

Unless stated otherwise, the contents of this email are personal to the writer and do not represent the official view of Ordnance Survey. Nor can any contract be formed on Ordnance Survey's behalf via email. We reserve the right to monitor emails and attachments without prior notice.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ordnance Survey
Romsey Road
Southampton SO16 4GU