Re: beyond 'formal' relations: describing relations between scientific and non-scientific material

Pat
since we are on the subject...

I have seen some interesting work done in translating existing system
documentation and even natural language texts directly to ontology
languagages (UML to OWL) for example, and I seem to understand that some of
this direct translation/mapping to OWL is not so straightforward (
impossible?).
 Would some of the reasons below contribute to such difficulties?

 It feels a pity that so much good knowledge that already exists cannot be
reused on the web because of an OWL Knowledge representation bottleneck

There must be a way of geetting around that

PDM

--
Paola Di Maio,
Forthcoming

i-Semantics 2009, 2 - 4 September 2009, Graz, Austria.
www.i-semantics.tugraz.at

SEMAPRO 2009, Malta
http://www.iaria.org/conferences2009/CfPSEMAPRO09.html
Mae Fah Luang Child Protection Project, Chiang Rai Thailand