Re: About URI in RDF Applications

There is a lot of good reading here:

	http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/

One important element is URI opacity.
Also see "Cool URIs don't change"

	http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI

So URIs are not type oriented. They are names for things that have
types perhaps, but URI opacity suggests that one should not build URIs
and expect software to get semantics by analyzing the URI.

The representation returned by the resource can on the other hand
describe it. So

/person/simeoneonofri

would return

<> a foaf:PersonalProfileDocument;
    foaf:primaryTopic :simon .

:simon a foaf:Person .

If you wanted to describe the /person/ collection you could have it
return

<> a foaf:Group ;
    foaf:member <simononofri#simon> .

Or something like that. (Not sure if a foaf:Group can be a
foaf:Document)

Henry