Re: [Semantic_Web] How to represent folksonomy tags in RDF

How bizarre that I read this thread this morning, it's exactly what I
started modelling yesterday!

So far I have a BookmarkFolder (from sioc types http://rdfs.org/sioc/types)
  that contains Bookmarks from the Annotea ontology, but using the
older URI http://www.w3.org/2002/01/bookmark which gives back RDF+XML
if you ask for it. I got that URI from the sioc documentation.

I'm confused as to why http://www.w3.org/2002/01/bookmark states that
"A bookmark must have at least one hasTopic property." but the RDFS
doesn't try document any constraint so I'm not sure what to make of
that.

For tagging I'm considering either using http://www.holygoat.co.uk/projects/tags/
  in all it's glorious richness, or simply using hasTopic from http://www.w3.org/2002/01/bookmark
  to do something simpler in the short term.

rob

On 15 Oct 2008, at 09:40, Danny Ayers wrote:

> 2008/10/14 pantagruel <rasmussen.bryan@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to make an extension to the Annotea Bookmarking schema
>> http://www.w3.org/2003/07/Annotea/BookmarkSchema-20030707 that allows
>> for representing folksonomy tagging about any particular bookmark.
>>
>> Can anyone point me to how one represents tags in RDF, I guess since
>> tags are held as being '2/3s of an RDF triple' that I will just have
>> to have an element <myns:tags>tags for bookmark here</myns:tags> and
>> then parse those tags out as needed, but can anyone point to any
>> better ideas, tools, schemas, etc.
>
> Some related vocabularies:
>
> Tag Ontology
> http://www.holygoat.co.uk/projects/tags/