Re: web to semantic web : an automated approach

> Here's the problem. Drupal are exposing _the data stored in Drupal. Do we
> expect everyone on web to use Drupal ? No.

I gave Drupal as an example. It's up to the other systems to follow through,
maybe learning from the other systems implementing it.

> What happens to information on times.com, blogspot.com, googlegroups.comor
> kashmirtimes.com ?

You'd be surprised by the sites already using Drupal, to name a few:
observer.com, fastcompany.com, amnesty.org, universalmusic.com, theonion.com.
These represent already many web pages ready to make the switch.

> Semantic web is not about converting someone's data and exposing it with
> semantic view. Its about the _whole_ data out there on web and then building
> a web of semantic links on top of that and then doing reasoning on top of
> that etc.

This cannot happen in one day. This cannot open via one project. It's a
global effort that will take a bit of time.

Stéphane.