Re: URIs and Unique IDs

The issue is not about *version policy* but about ontology's *design and
deployment*. We should take lessons from software engineering, where we
are all trying to remove the code dependency by carefully refactoring
code to handle change.

Ontology engineering is not much different because our knowledge about
the world is bound to change.  But we would like our URI to be stable.
Hence, the concern of ontology engineering is to manage the
logic-dependence through careful ontology modularization.  I have
discussed this issue and offered some solutions in a paper that I
presented at DILS 08[1].

1. Ontology Design Principles and Normalization Techniques in the Web.
http://www.inesc-id.pt/ficheiros/publicacoes/4799.pdf

Xiaoshu