Re: Open world issue (opening vs closing days) and SPARQL CONSTRUCT

Pierre-Antoine,

(:Tuesday :Sunday) is a good approach for non-SPARQL data retrieval,
say, for explicit graph traversal. Due to scalability reasons, SPARQL
has no features to deal with collections. Hence all what one can do with
SPARQL and (:Tuesday :Sunday) is to retrieve the head of the collection
and access it from application, making negation logic inside the
application. That's quite OK if the application is co-located with the
data source, otherwise one had to query for sequence items in sequence
via net with all related ping times.

Best Regards,

Ivan Mikhailov,
OpenLink Software.