Re: RDFAuth: an initial sketch

From: Renato Golin <renato@ebi.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:51:38 +0000
To: bnowack@semsol.com
CC: Story Henry <henry.story@bblfish.net>, foaf-dev of a Friend <foaf-dev@lists.foaf-project.org>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>

Benjamin Nowack wrote:
> I wouldn't be able to use RDFAuth on the platforms I'm
> going to deploy my apps to (shared, hosted LAMP servers) if PGP was
> a prerequisite.

Hi Benjamin,

Not talking about the difficulties of implementing a PGP service on your
platform, but I'd always say to reuse good platforms. If we are to use
key distribution and storage we should never start a new protocol when
the PGP is already so successful.

Maybe that's a call for a mod_pgp on Apache (if there isn't one already)

cheers,
--renato