Re: is this valid to make a named graph in RDFa?

On 6 Mar 2008, at 05:04, Golda Velez wrote:
> Hi Ivan - sure, of course the tag is not the point -
>
> But, if assigning a URI to a statement in a standard way is not the
> way to
> address the statement, is there any way to do it?  And why not use a
> URI that
> refers to the start of the individual triple statement?
>
> I read the post about using <u1 u2 u3> but I think that could get
> cumbersome
> quickly.  Naming things is just so fundamental to programming,
> language,
> abstract thinking, math etc it seems absurd to not be able to simply
> name a
> statement...

If you want to make statements as complex as that then you should use
N3. It is perhaps not a bad thing that the more widespread RDF
serialisations do not make it easy to make statements about
statements. Life is already complicated enough with getting people to
express what they believe. Having people start making statements about
what they believe other people believe, or statements about what they
believe other people should assume other people believe, would really
make things a lot more complicated, and not necessarily any better.

But if you really need to play with that use N3. The best is to try to
keep things as simple as possible.

Henry

Home page: http://bblfish.net/