Re: meta-information about assertions

> Not quite. The idea is that RDF statements never exist just floating around
> freely; they are always inside some container, a graph or a document. Now

why do you say they can only exist in the wrapper of a graph or document. why not a statement?

> The main difference is that with reification, we give a URI as a name to
> each individual RDF statement. Then we can make statements about each
> individual RDF statement. This is more flexible than the Named Graphs
> model, but it makes management of statements much more complex.

how so? i find the reverse. graphs are optimized at the implementation level in different ways than something atomic/tiny like a statement or URI. people are advocating a new graph for each statement despite this..

i wouldnt mind new graphs all over the place, but nobody answered my question about how it relates to HTTP. theres an implicit 'default' graph and no way to get at any other. theres not even any talk on if you GET a subject URI, whether that should return all statements with that subject in _any_ graph... then theres no real serialization support for either in-graph reification or named graphs anyways..

if your statements have URIs, managing them is not 'much more complex' than graphs. and giving a URI to a statement is trivial. stop the FUD..

>> I noticed that Evaluation and Report Language,
>> Semantic Web Publishing Vocabulary(WIQA) and Ratings
>> Ontology follows this second trend(probably also Proof
>> Markup Language), providing properties to specify the
>> asserter of something(e.g. in EARL an agent assert
>> that a document passed or not a checkpoint).

yay... all sorts of indirection and the OWL clusterf*ck just to provide assertions..

im off to look at stuff where (real-world, distributed,  messy, of-varying-certainty) assertions are first class and the core component designed around from teh beginning.. rather than a hacky afterthought with tons of subpar half-solutions that dont even mesh with the rest of webarch..