Re: "State of the Semantic Web" - personal opinions?

Hi Adam,

Sure, here comes another Adam.  ;-)  I am enjoyed talking with Adams.

I agree, the list mentioned by Danny is a little bit narrowed to OWL, RDF,
etc. that are basically the W3C interpretation of Semantic Web. Indeed,
however, what the real Semantic Web might become is greater than the
combination of these technologies.TBL proposed a vision; W3C converts the
vision to a list of technologies.  But it does not mean that the vision of
Semantic Web equals to these technologies. We may have varied ways to
approach the same goal. When we eventually reach the reality of Semantic
Web, it is possible for us to find that it is just not the same as what we
think. But the result, however, just perfectly fulfills the original vision
of the Semantic Web.

It is valuable to share more on how OWL, RDF, SPARQL, etc may reshape the
Web. And I think it might be Danny's original plot of the article. As I want
to emphasize, however, people in Web industry may not be so interested in
them since we have already heard too much. I would not doubt that Danny
would bring some fresh thoughts (as he always does). The problem is,
however, no matter how much new fresh thoughts he brings to the table, it is
still in the standard frame of academic Semantic Web. For Web industry, the
ideal academic Semantic Web infrastructure is still too far aways to catch.
What they really would be interested is the way to approach the vision.
Especially, where is the connection between "semantics" and "money"? The
discussion of "mind asset" is actually about this issue.

Yihong

--