Re: FOAF OWL DL

On 13 Jun 2008, at 06:07, Paul Trevithick wrote:

> might put it on my desk (different locations), but it is always my
> wallet.
> The trouble with ordinary URIs is that http://my.desk.com/wallet is
> different from http://my.dresser.com/wallet. There is no separation of
> concerns: naming vs. location. They are mixed together.

Those two things are indeed two different things. It is easy to see if
you take another URI for the 4 dimensional space time thing of the
wallet

<http://wallet.com/id/12314124> time:hasslice <http://my.desk.com/
wallet>;
                                               <http://my.dresser.com/wallet
 > .

Clearly, but of course you have said nothing to help us here, so I am
just guessing, the wallet on your desktop is a timeslice of the 4
dimensional space time thinggy that is the wallet from birth to death.
So is the wallet on the dresser. And since usually the dresser is not
on the desk these are two sparate time slices.

Interestingly enough you were able to use a URL to identify a wallet,
a real physical thing, even if a time slice of a thing, and not an
information resource. You could even place that wallet on the map with
some geo:location information

<http://my.desk.com/wallet> geo:lat 48.402495;
                             geo:long 2.692646 .

presumably the 4 dimensional space time thinggy <http://wallet.com/id/12314124
 > moves too much around for it to be given a lat long position (Other
than a general one of being foaf:near the earth)

So there we have URIs geo:lat, geo:long that are used to position
things in space. And they are not XRIs.

Henry