Re: Standard graphical representation for ontologies

Carlos,

Topic maps is an ISO/IEC standard, which play a similar role than RDF
(from W3C). Nevertheless, it is not RDF based.  See Lars Garshol’s
article : "Living with topic maps and RDF".

In the ISO/IEC 13250-2 "Topic Maps - Part 2: Data Model" it is used UML
(version 1.5) to depict graphically Topic Maps itens according to UML
concepts: classes, associations, aggregations, etc. But I don’t think
that it is stated anywhere that this is the standard way. The metamodel
and the data model elements are describe in textual form.

--
pfa

Tel: +351 228 340 500 | Ext: 1141 | E-mail: pfa@isep.ipp.pt

GPG Public Key: http://ave.dee.isep.ipp.pt/~passis/gpg-pub-key/