Re: Ontologies with standard behavior of an information domain

Dick & All:

I hope you don't mind me poking my nose in here.

I'm familiar the Beyond Concepts paper. Following the approach Barry
Smith prescribes in the paper will hold back progress on establishing
meaning on the semantic web.

Simply put, without concepts there is no interpretation and without
interpretation, there is no meaning. Meaning requires object,
representation and interpretation.

To illustrate the significance of this trichotomy, I make an ontology
available under a creative commons attribution license here ...

http://www.rickmurphy.org/categories.owl

based on Peirce's "On a new List of Categories." Swoop is the reference
implementation, make sure you turn on Pellet and the list will classify
as categories.

Lemme' know what you think.

--
Thanks Rick,