Re: How do you deprecate URIs? Re: OWL-DL and linked data

On 9 Jul 2008, at 13:14, Story Henry wrote:

> The "named graph is not standard" is less and less true.

Not really. It's just not true.

Perhaps SPARQL makes it a bit less true. "less and less" doesn't seem
right at all.

It may be a de facto standard, but that's a different issue. I'm not
clear it's a de facto standard. Just saying that tools have *some*
sort of context support doesn't support the idea of a de facto
standard. Toolkits have had that for years without a whit bit better
interop or convergence.

Some evidence that a wide range of RDF tools use a particular named
graph technique with a common serialization would be nice to have.

> Perhaps it's time to standardise on the graph features of N3.
> Then you could say:
>
> { :j1 = j2 } statement [ by henry; confidence 0.75 ] .

I think you'll find less consensus about that than you might hope :(

See the discussion leading up to:
	http://www.w3.org/mid/464B6D0F-CA92-42ED-84E0-77510B2CE66D@cs.man.ac.uk

Cheers,
Bijan.