Re: ANN: myOntology Prototype Available

Peter Krantz wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org
> <mailto:danbri@danbri.org>> wrote:
>

>     Now unless the ontologies created through myOntology are all going
>     to be at the same domain, you're already dealing with a distributed
>     system.
>

> Maybe I misunderstood, but I got the impression that everything created
> at myOntology was supposed to be under that domain just like
> microformats.org <http://microformats.org>?

Then it would better be named "DeriDotAt'sOntology". Looking after the
long term maintainance is a serious commitment and burden. Sharing that
burden certainly makes sense, but is not something to be done casually
or without a terms of service document. That said, I haven't signed up
(no terms for my registration data so i told some little lies in the
form for personal info).

Looking around the ontologies in there export with:

<owl:Ontology
rdf:about="http://myontology.deri.at/prototype/OntologyModule/xyz/id">

...where xyz is a name for the vocabulary.

I assume at some point users will be able to specify an alternate URI
path. Or of course the exported RDF/OWL can always be rewritten with
XSLT or Perl...

cheers,

Dan

--