Re: Server-side "greasemonkey"-type service

Hi John,

John Breslin wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> Just as Opera do pre-processing of pages before they go to Opera Mini,
> or Greasemonkey alters the HTML of pages in Mozilla - are there any
> server-side services that could allow us to semantically markup sites
> that we know could be augmented with RDFa for scuttering?
>
> For example, let's say we wanted to put MySpace pages through a parser
> that would inject FOAF RDFa as per some template?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> John.

Perhaps Simile's Crowbar might be adopted for that purpose [1].  You
might want to also check out the U of Washington's WebAnywhere efforts
[2], available as open source [3], which I think are server based using
their variation of Greasemonkey called Accessmonkey [4].

Thanks, Mike

[1] http://simile.mit.edu/wiki/Crowbar
[2] http://webanywhere.cs.washington.edu/
[3] http://webanywhere.googlecode.com/