Universal model (was Re: comparing XML and RDF data models)

I'd have to agree that there isn't, and can't be, a universal model
(although, philosophically speaking, I think I'd consider the universe
itself to be the universal model).

What are the implications?
I think* that all this means is that multiple types of models and the
technologies to translate one into another (or reference data in one from
data in another) with both always need to exist.

* - Definitely open to other opinions on this.

Zach