RE: "State of the Semantic Web" - personal opinions?

.g jena .net
http://seaborne.blogspot.com/2006/02/progress-with-jenanet.html

http://jena.cvs.sourceforge.net/jena/Scratch/Jena.Net/

and the script:
http://jena.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/jena/Scratch/Jena.Net/convert

I've used it with Visual Basic and C# from Visual Studio.

Performance: I didn't notice any significant slowdown although .Net JIT is not as good as the Java JIT (by reputation, and it's only a matter of time).  Actually, I suspect that this is because the code generated by IKVM is good for the .Net JIT to get to grips with.

The big advantage from our POV is that it is exactly the Jena distribution jars.  It is not maintaining two different systems at all so it track bug fixes and new features.

One area to note is the DB connection - needs JDBC to work.  I gather it does for most DBs but I haven’t tried myself.

        Andy

PS I have also called Jena from jRuby, Scheme (SISC), and other use with with jython